Our Care Home experts specialise in managing insurance for businesses that provide residential or nursing care, supported lodging or domiciliary care. Years of experience in the care sector enable them to identify all exposures of your business or charity, propose adequate insurance solutions and advise on your risks.

Our brokers also have access to specialist insurers ensuring your insurance program is designed especially for your needs. This way, they can offer bespoke cover that caters for your business while you care for others.

    Why You Need an Expert

    If you are a care home owner or manager, you will need specialist insurance advice. Since the care sector is a highly regulated industry, you need to make sure you adhere to all the strict guidelines. Our experts are fully informed on the regulatory requirements and will help you stay compliant on all elements of risk management, not just organising the correct insurance policies for you.

    Because of the particularities of the care industry, the risks of your business can leave your services users, staff and business vulnerable. You could benefit from having a specialist advisor by your side to guide you through risk assessment and management, to help design an adequate insurance programme for your exact needs and most importantly, handle any insurance claims should an incident take place.

    Malini Gunawardena

    Malini Gunawardena

    Care Home Specialist

    How We Can Help

    Proper risk management and adequate insurance can guarantee the success of your business.  We can help you protect your business and manage your insurance cover through the lens of a specialist.

    Risk Management

    Our specialists have worked with care homes for years which means they can work closely with you, understand all your exposures and advise you on appropriate measures. Predicting any risks and safeguarding against them is a top priority given the sensitive nature of the sector.

    Specialist Insurance Policies

    Our brokers have access to specialist insurance programmes and can design a policy that covers all nuances of your business. Keep your service users, staff and business protected no matter what comes your way, from natural hazards to regulatory or health and safety issues.

    Claims Handling

    In the case of an incident, your dedicated broker will offer support throughout the claims process and make sure you get what you are entitled to. Your dedicated broker will ensure optimal outcomes to put you back in operation as soon as possible, while keeping you up-to-date on all stages of the claims process.

    What Your Cover Can Include

    We acknowledge that not all care homes are the same. To satisfy your diverse needs, our care home specialists can offer policies that cover a combination of the following, depending on the characteristics of your business: 

    • Care Home Buildings Insurance
    • Care Home Contents Insurance
    • Residents’ Contents Insurance
    • Business Interruption Insurance
    • Money Insurance
    • Employers’ Liability Insurance
    • Public Liability Insurance
    • Products Liability Insurance
    • Malpractice Liability Insurance
    • Engineering Inspection Insurance
    • Legal Expenses Insurance
    • Employee Dishonesty Insurance

    Read Expert Insights

    Ruling Reached on COVID-19 Business Interruption Test Case  

    Handed down on 15th September 2020, the ruling pertains to a test case orchestrated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). The ruling can still be appealed, but if an appeal is filed, the process will be expedited in order to...

    Cyber-security Breaches Survey 2020

    This document provides a visual overview of the 2020 Cyber-security Breaches Survey, commissioned by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport. You can use the statistics in this document to compare the effectiveness of their cyber-security efforts and...

    Coming Back After COVID-19

    The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has interrupted many businesses across the country. While it’s unclear how long COVID-19 will continue to affect organisations, many employers are looking to the future of employees returning to work. Echoing the sentiments of...

    Financial Conduct Authority announces it is seeking legal clarity on Business Interruption insurance

    The topic of Business Interruption insurance is a complex fast moving one, with different insurance companies adopting different positions. On Friday 1st of May the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) announced it is seeking legal clarity on business interruption (BI)...

    Unoccupied Commercial Property Checklist

    In response to the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic, many employers across the UK have had to either temporarily close their business doors or transition to a teleworking programme, leaving their commercial property unoccupied. Download the following...

    Common Business Interruption Policy Extensions

    Unless they are able to resume operations within five days, an estimated 90% of small businesses fail within a year of experiencing a large-scale disaster, according to financial experts. That’s why it’s crucial for organisations like yours to have business...

    How COVID-19 could impact your business’ insurance

    “Most commercial insurance policies are unlikely to cover pandemics or unspecified notifiable diseases, such as COVID-19. However, those businesses which have an insurance policy that covers government ordered closure and pandemics or government ordered closure and...

    Business interruption insurance: would your business survive a catastrophe?

    ‘If you don’t ask the right questions, you don’t get the right answers’. When it comes to understanding a business and its risks this couldn’t be more accurate. As a commercial insurance broker, a big part of my job is about translating; it’s making sure I collect all...

    Meet The Experts

    Malini Gunawardena

    Malini Gunawardena

    Care Home Specialist

    Kim Appleby Jones

    Kim Appleby Jones

    Care Home Specialist