Care Home Insurance

Care home insurance is a specialist business insurance for residential care facilities and supported living. It provides varied insurance products to help protect the business, its owners, and its operators.

However, there are many risks associated with running a care home or residential supported living, such as claims of medical malpractice, employee injury claims, and possible damage to your buildings or contents due to events such as fire or flood. Therefore having a care home insurance policy in place can help protect you from such eventualities. Furthermore, we also understand that there is more potential for things to go wrong when your residents are elderly or have high care needs.

Our residential care home insurance can help mitigate your risks so that you can focus on your day-to-day provision of providing quality care for those who rely on you.

Do I need Care Home Insurance?

Having sufficient insurance in place can be vital to protect you from the many risks you face, but it is also necessary to meet the requirements of the relevant regulatory bodies.  These include the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Ofsted(England), the Care Inspectorate Wales, Education and Training Inspectorate (Northern Ireland), and HM Inspectorate of Education (Scotland).

Your rating from the regulatory bodies can affect your premiums.

Types of Care Homes we Cover

  • Nursing or residential care homes
  • Dementia care homes
  • Supported living facilities.
  • Hospices
  • Care homes for adults with learning difficulties.
  • Care homes for adults with mental health issues and addictions.
  • Day care services
  • Children’s care homes
  • Small businesses and start-ups
  • Portfolios of homes

What is included in Care Home Insurance?

Specifically cover can be designed according to the type of service you provide, so we cover everything from dementia care homes to supported living facilities, from day care services to homes for adults with learning difficulties.

However your cover is tailored according to your business’s needs, taking into account the type of service provided, the size of your organisation, and the level of risk associated.

Standard cover will typically include:

What additional covers are available for Care Home insurance?

Whilst not standard, you can add a plethora of additional covers that provide additional protection for you, your employees, and your business. These include, but are not limited to;

  • Money and personal assault
  • Book debts insurance
  • Legal expenses
  • Directors’ and Officers’
  • Business interruption
  • Personal accident
  • Cyber liability
  • Inspection and breakdown cover

Why choose Konsileo for your Care Home insurance?

We are an independent commercial insurance brokers made up of experienced, local brokers who care about helping you grow and protecting your business properly. We understand the complex risks and challenges your organisation faces and the specific insurance needs you may have, tailoring policies to suit your unique position. We provide advice and support all year round, not just when your renewal date is coming up.

Care Home Insurance

We insure a great deal of industries.

Looking to cover your business but not finding the industry you’re looking for?

Take a look at all the industry sectors we serve below.

Request A Call Back

Select your ideal date and time for a callback.

Get in touch today