Unoccupied Commercial Property

Commercial Property ownership can be one of the biggest investments we make as a business.  Whether it’s for your own business, or for rental or lease, your investment can on occasion be at risk if your property is left empty for any period of time. This makes unoccupied commercial property insurance a critical cover to have in place to protect your investment.

What is Unoccupied Commercial Property Insurance? 

A commercial building is deemed as any building or premises used to house a business or a building that undertakes any form of business activities. Unoccupied Commercial Property Insurance provides risk cover should your premises be left vacant for any length of time. This could be for many reasons, it could be a result of renovation, between tenants if you are a landlord, or simply stood vacant during a property purchase or sale.

Who Needs Unoccupied Property Insurance? 

If you own or are responsible for a commercial property that is, or may soon be unoccupied for any reason, you should look at protecting against, property damage, fire, flood, theft, and other associated risks that could occur whilst vacant. 

What does Unoccupied Property Insurance Cover? 

We would suggest speaking with our property team to ensure appropriate covers are put in place to protect your premises. Typical covers include (but not limited to):

  • Buildings Cover
  • Vandalism
  • Flood Cover
  • Subsidence
  • Theft

Public Liability Insurance should also be applied to your cover, this would cover any risks for members of the public and any third parties (contractors etc) making a claim for loss or injury as a result of being in your unoccupied building.

Restricted or Full Perils Cover Available, please speak with our property team.

What Period of Unoccupied Property Covers are available? 

Cover is applied unique to your needs. Standard cover periods are:

  • 3 Month Cover
  • 6 Month Cover
  • 9 Month Cover
  • 12 Month Cover

Why Choose Konsileo for your Unoccupied Commercial Property Insurance? 

Konsileo are an Award-Winning Commercial Insurance Broker with a wealth of expertise and knowledge in supporting businesses throughout the United Kingdom. We have brokers situated throughout the UK who are able to assist and support your property business not only with cover, but also in the event of a claim.

We are not a call centre and you will speak directly with a member of our Specialist commercial property team.

Unoccupied Commercial Property

We insure a great deal of industries.

Looking to cover your business but not finding the industry you’re looking for?

Take a look at all the industry sectors we serve below.

Request A Call Back

Select your ideal date and time for a callback.

Get in touch today