Road Risk Insurance

Road risk insurance is an essential cover for any motor trade business that needs liability cover to drive vehicles that are not owned by the business, but essential to carry out your business activities. Road risk insurance will cover your business to move customer vehicles in and around your facility, collection and delivery from your customers to your business facility, to an MOT test Centre, and even moving a vehicle from a vehicle auction facility to your home or business premises.

Do I need Road Risk Insurance?

If you sell, repair, buy or transport vehicles as part of your motor trade operations, a Road Risk Insurance policy in not only a legal requirement, but also crucial to protect you and your business.

It is a legal requirement that any vehicle in the UK is covered by a minimum of third-party insurance. Road risk insurance is available for traders either as Third-Party, Third-Party fire and Theft or Fully Comprehensive.

It should be noted that a Road risk policy specifies a NAMED driver and NOT a vehicle as would a conventional insurance policy. In addition, most policies have a minimum proposers age of 25 years.

Our specialist motor trade team can help and advise you with your road risk cover either as a singular cover or an addition to a large range of covers to protect your entire business (Property cover, Employers Liability, Public Liability, Cyber Insurance etc).

Who would a Road Risk Policy be for?

There are many large motor traders and also smaller self employed traders that would require a road risk policy. Typical traders would be (but not limited to):

  • New and Used Car Sales Businesses
  • MOT Garages
  • Repair Shops and Mobile Mechanics
  • SMART Repairers and PDR Technicians
  • Tyre and Glass Fitters
  • Auto-Electricians
  • Valeting and Car Wash Businesses
  • Home Traders

Why Choose Konsileo for your Road Risk Insurance?

Konsileo have many specialist motor trade brokers throughout the United Kingdom, we have years of expertise and experience in the motor trade and work with a wealth of underwriters supporting this sector. Regardless of your size or motor sector business, we can help. Call our specialist team today and protect your business, properly.

Back to Motor Trade


Road Risk Insurance

We insure a great deal of industries.

Looking to cover your business but not finding the industry you’re looking for?

Take a look at all the industry sectors we serve below.

Request A Call Back

Select your ideal date and time for a callback.

Get in touch today